You may have noticed, but we are not big fans of marketing agencies and web designers that outsource their own work. You think you’re hiring a great local designer or marketer, and then they turn around and send your account to some content farm overseas.
So instead of getting fresh, newly created content made just for you and your company—and made BY a marketer that understands the southwest Florida market—you’re getting generic and reused content that could just as easily apply to a company a thousand miles away in a totally different industry.
Well guess what: Outsourcing happens with social media, too.
Deckard & Company, on the other hand, is a boutique digital marketing company that works in Bradenton, by Bradenton, and for the Bradenton-Sarasota area. We never outsource. The people you see on our website are the people creating your content. And that goes for social media, too.
What is Social Media Management and Content Creation?
Here we’re talking about hiring a marketing agency to create social media posts for your business’s accounts. The agency is then responsible for writing the post and for creating the graphic or photo that accompanies the post, as well as adding hashtags that will help draw views and engagement.
Social media management also includes monitoring post performance and account growth via various metrics available to us, including the ones that best apply to your company, your industry, and the Bradenton area and local demographics.
What Is Social Media Content Outsourcing?
Of course, if you’re “outsourcing” your company’s social media content, that just means that you’re hiring an agency to create that content for your business’s accounts. This is a good thing! Hiring a digital marketing expert to create and post your social media helps your company grow while letting you focus on the things you’re good at.
But if the digital marketing agency you’ve decided to do business with turns around and gets your content from somewhere else—rather than creating it themselves—that’s the bad kind of outsourcing.
Bad social media outsourcing can mean one of two things:
- Either the agency completely sends your account info to another location and asks this third-party company to do the work.
- Or the agency pulls previously created content from public stockpiles, slaps your logo on it, and posts it to your account.
Why is Digital Marketing Outsourcing Bad?
A marketing agency that outsources its work is bad for a number of reasons.
- First of all, they’re just not being honest with you. They pretend they’re the ones working with you, but in truth you don’t know who is handling your content.
- You have less control over the content being created. Instead of talking directly to the content creator (ie the agency you’ve hired to do it), your notes have to be passed through them to the third-party contractor. It’s like a game of telephone, and the message never comes through the way it needs to.
- Outsourcing is a cost-cutting factor. If your agency is outsourcing, they’re paying discount prices for discount content.
We’ll say it over and over again: Digital marketing needs to be personalized to your specific company, in your industry, for the geographical area you serve. This includes Bradenton social media content!
What Does Bradenton Social Media Content Look Like?
Here’s an example of a recent post created by Deckard & Company for one of our clients. This post was written by our staff (in this case, content creator Hannah Wallace), with original, local photography (of Lido Beach in the Sarasota-Manatee area), in a graphic that contains original text written by our staff (no, we don’t use AI, either).
You might think only big marketing agencies with thousands of clients outsource their social media content. But unfortunately it happens with businesses of any size—including those that claim to be “local.”
With Deckard & Company, you’re getting a Bradenton boutique small business doing Bradenton-based digital marketing. We never outsource.